Tuesday, October 30, 2012

a month with Grandma day 2

I do not intent to learn "lessons in living with grandma" from day 1 more than once! Today, was a low key day which was already plenty of stimulus. She loves loves the cats! One of oft repeated comments: "I always wanted cats, but Jim (my grandpa) couldn't stand them so we never had one."

Very luckily there is a very strong trust in me, so I can explain things and even if she does not remember, she will know that I am speaking the truth - and acting within her best interest.  Something that gets repeated and repeated is how much she is so lucky to be spending time with family and with the kids. This is the part that keeps me level and patient with all the complications and aggravations of her lack of memory and confusion.

Today I found out that she had many jobs when she was young from a junior highschool teacher to a store clerk. She made $15/week working 7 days a week, 8 hours a day at a department store during the depression.

I guess with about anything my grandma says, you dear reader can assume it has been "repeated and repeated."


No comments:

Post a Comment